Now that we got all of the negatives out of the way, I’d like to repeat that not everyone will go through the above symptoms. Everyone is different, with different diets, lifestyles, and digestive systems so your experience is your own. Also, don’t let these symptoms deter you from trying out a plant-based diet. As we’re about to discuss, there are many benefits to eating a plant-based diet. Here’s what you can expect in the long term when consuming a plant-based diet:
- Energy: you can expect to have much higher levels of energy from eating such nutrient dense foods.
- Focus: higher levels of concentration and greater attentiveness are common on this diet.
- Athleticism: better athletic performance and higher stamina are to be expected.
- Clearer skin: many factors that lead to acne are associated with consuming animal products so clearer skin is a plus!
- Stronger hair and nail: your body may be receiving a higher dose of nutrients than ever before and it will make many aspects of your body improve.
- Better body odor: smell good, feel good.
- Higher libido: need I say more?
- Weight loss: if you have excess body fat, weight loss is often a great motivator for staying on this diet.
- Happiness: this is not a cure all for any mental health issues but knowing that you are doing good for your own health along with the health of the planet and the animals living on it has a positive effect on your well-being! Plus, all of those awesome nutrients help your brain to function properly.